cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used same email as old account when purchasing new contract. Can't sign into new account.

Jaffa565
Joining in

I recently cancelled a contract with Virgin Media and have since started a new one. However, whenever I attempt to log in to my online account, it consistently displays the account number associated with the previously cancelled contract. As a result, I am unable to register my new account, and I am unable to access important information such as bills and account details.

I kindly request your assistance in resetting my online account to reflect the current and active contract. I have attempted to register the new account separately, but the system directs me to the old account each time.

Could you please reset my online account or provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jaffa565

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having registering the new account.

Was this a move and transfer of the service when moving home?

Or have you set up the new account at the same address you had the service previously?

Please pop back to us when you can.   

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

So it was an account for the same address, I cancelled the contract before it began and set up a new one, all for the same address

Ah okay, thanks for confirming this @Jaffa565 

We can see if we can migrate the log in details to the newer account. There are rules for this to be requested, so for us to continue further, please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Jaffa565 

Glad we were able to get this looked into and resolved for you today. The migration of the account can take up to 24 hours, if you have any further issues accessing the account at all after this time, please do let us know. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley