cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Thanks for joining me in a private message conversation and confirming the email address that is needed to create your account @Carter8.

I have tried to create your account myself and have come across an issue that needs to be logged with our IT team. I have raised this with them now and I will be back in touch,once they have been able to resolve the issue.

Regards

Steven_L

carolluer
Joining in

I have been trying to register (create) a Virgin Media account online for several weeks now and at the last stage I keep getting the error message which says, Sorry we cannot create an account at the moment...... Spent 2 hours on the phone to customer service who said it would be fixed within 2 days as my email wasn't registered with them (which it was!). I see when I try to register that they added my email again but this did not help. Hope someone here can help as I do not want to spend hours more on the phone only to get nowhere!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Carolluer,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, we can certainly get this looked at for you, I will pop you over a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

Youluckypeople
Joining in

I’m having the same issue. Five separate online chat conversations. All escalating to the tech team who never get in touch. Then revert back and have to go through all the steps again. Previous virgin customer years ago so that may be the issue if someone can help. Don’t want to set up a vm email. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi youluckypeople,
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this and I can look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message and take a look for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.
thanks,
Zoie

Robinio
Tuning in

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm having the same issue and getting "sorry, this password isn't allowed. please choose another one." when trying to create an account.

Installed broadband and TV on Friday, both are working fine. Have tried using multiple password types, lengths, etc. Different emails, nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to sort this without going through to tech support?

Hi Robinio,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having an issue with registering the online account. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look to assist you with this. 

^Martin

Robinio
Tuning in

All sorted now thanks. I'm not sure if this resovled itself or work was done on the backend, or if the password has to be completely non-dictionary for it to work.

Looks like this is still an issue. Signed up for Virgin yesterday and received the Welcome email with account number etc. which tells me to register for an account. I can’t do this as it tells me the details are incorrect. I guess based on what I’ve read here that I need to wait until after installation. Really poor first impression as isn’t what the email instructs you to do! Grrrrrr. 

slbw75
Joining in

Hi,

I have the same issue with the registration.

I get the error message below:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Questions about your broadband installation?Find out more

Can someone help please?