cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK based retention - wrong attitude

alanwils
Tuning in

Just had a bizarre interaction with a UK based VM rep. I was passed to 'cancellations/ retention' as I wasn't happy with not seeing my new contract online (via VM account). He told me that my contract was sent to my email, which it was under 'pre-contract agreement/ summary', but the new pricing was not visible on my online VM account. (I was repeatedly told it would be visible eventually, by numerous call centre staff, but 12 days was a long time to wait as it came close to the 14 day cancellation policy). The last UK based rep didn't seem bothered that my new contract was not available to view online. His attitude was wrong, and I politely told him so. I cancelled.  I am/ was a customer of 22 years and it ended just like that.

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alanwils,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had when arranging a new contract with us. It's true that there can sometimes be a delay with a new contract updating on the My Virgin Media side, however if it's still not there after 24 hours then it's very likely that there's been an issue. 

I am sorry to hear that this experience did influence your decision to cancel your account with us, it's not the level of service we aim to provide at all.

If you do change your mind about leaving, we'd be more than happy to help from here.

Beth

unisoft
Well-informed

@alanwils wrote:

Just had a bizarre interaction with a UK based VM rep. I was passed to 'cancellations/ retention' as I wasn't happy with not seeing my new contract online (via VM account). He told me that my contract was sent to my email, which it was under 'pre-contract agreement/ summary', but the new pricing was not visible on my online VM account. (I was repeatedly told it would be visible eventually, by numerous call centre staff, but 12 days was a long time to wait as it came close to the 14 day cancellation policy). The last UK based rep didn't seem bothered that my new contract was not available to view online. His attitude was wrong, and I politely told him so. I cancelled.  I am/ was a customer of 22 years and it ended just like that.

Certainly surprised. My last day is today after OFFSHORE retentions messed me around for an hour and randomly transferred me to repeat all the security questions again. I have always found the UK folk to be the best in the past when contracts are up and I change my bundle package, but this time around I got Offshore which had a lousy line quality too. I was customer since 2007. There seems to be a record leaving past 6-8 months of long term customers as seen on these forums.......