cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace searched by Tdx on behalf of Virgin Media

Ryan10
Joining in

This is the second time I have been trace searched by TDX on behalf of your company, I have never used Virgin Media and I expect there is a more behind this. I have tried contacting the TDX but they will not reply. I want to know what address and why this is being searched. I want an explanation this time as it erroneous as I have never used you.

am not going to fobbed off with the same information. TDX is an Equifax company an I demand to know the information that lead to the search “Thanks for getting in touch on **** about the information on your credit report. TDX Group (For Virgin Media) has responded to your dispute. They've told us that the search information is correct and should remain unchanged. The information on your credit report belongs to the data provider and we can't change it without their authorisation. TDX Group are an intermediary company working on behalf of clients to recover monies owed to them via a panel of Debt Collection Agencies. As part of their enrichment process, we perform a trace search on every account they receive to ensure the information is relevant and correct. This search relates to Virgin Media and is a valid search. “

It is NOT a valid search and I would appreciate being contacted by someone who knows/

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ryan10

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community, it's great to have you on board. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your account, I would be happy to take a look into this with you via a PM. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again

I am having the same exact issue.  I've managed to have the Virgin account removed from my equifax (after over 2 years since the start of this dispute) but have had an identical message regarding the negative debt collection searches on your behalf from TdX.  I have just had a 20 minute phone call to your customer services attempting to rectify the issue and the chap in your team said he understood, he had found the account and then put me on hold and cut me off!  You seriously need to sort this out and I don't understand why the authorities aren't putting you out of business for these appalling practices.  Please make sure TdX remove these searches immediately from my Equifax.  They do TWO at a time as well which sends you over the limits for credit reports and immediately damages your credit record.  Disgusting behaviour when I cancelled my account (and won the claim with the Ombudsman regarding your behaviour) and even settled the amounts for the months when I actually should not have been charged just to get rid of you!!

NewInBristol
Tuning in

It's brilliant.  I'm now on my fourth call of the day.  Every time I get close to having someone who might actually be able to help they cut me off!!  I'm now on hold AGAIN because apparently it's the collections department I need.  However, the people there are "very busy" at this point.  This is a clear tactic to put people off contesting anything and/or cancelling their account.

Mate, having this done to me was so frustrating, they shouldn’t have the power to affect peoples credit when they are so incompetent and training staff to perform there roles diligently. 
I wasn’t gonna bother replying but I feel your pain on this one. 
I paid Experian to fix this for me as I had more phone calls than I can count to these absolute clowns. 
they sorted my credit score and I pressed to get a letter of apology from Virgin and made sure that the highest person I could reach was aware of all the muppets in the company, looks like they are still making the same incompetent mistakes. 

Hi NewInBristol, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you've had some issues getting this resolved. The quickest way to get this looked at is to raise a dispute directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

If you would prefer to raise this directly with us then in order for us to investigate this and look at things, we would need a bit more information from you. Please send a copy of your credit file to us along with the following information:

• ➡ Virgin Media account number
  • ➡ Full name
  • ➡ Contact number
  • ➡ Account address
  • ➡ The company that you used to view your credit file
  • ➡ Any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. 

Once the team have this information, they will investigate and action any amendments. Please note it can take up to 28 days for a reply from them and once they've looked into things, if anything on the credit file needs changing then this can take a further 30 days to update with your credit referencing agency. You can send the above information to the following email address: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs