cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed for recorded cancellation letter ignored

ClaireG11
Tuning in

We have whatsapp messaged, bot chatted, and phoned with no response/been cut off repeatedly. We sent a recorded letter to cancel the account on the 13th Feb 2024 to the Sunderland office. This was signed for on the 16th Feb 2024 but haven't received a reply from this avenue either.  Can I just cancel my direct debit?

8 REPLIES 8

carl_pearce
Community elder

@ClaireG11 wrote:

We have whatsapp messaged, bot chatted, and phoned with no response/been cut off repeatedly. We sent a recorded letter to cancel the account on the 13th Feb 2024 to the Sunderland office. This was signed for on the 16th Feb 2024 but haven't received a reply from this avenue either.  Can I just cancel my direct debit?

If you want VM to organise debt collectors and put a mark on your credit score then yes, by all means.

Do you have any other suggestions we could attempt to try?

You can wait a few days for a reply, however, the VM team on here cannot do much with cancellations.

You can try the main helpline, but you need to phone at 8am when the lines open.

Hey ClaireG11, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am so sorry to hear this.

If you are looking to cancel we can help with this, do let us know?

With the letters its not an instant response but they do normally try and aim back a reply within 14 working days.

Let us know if you want us to help with the cancellation instead of waiting for this.

]

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Claire do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

As mentioned we can look into this, just reach out here and let us know.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

Someone finally phoned us so we have managed to deal with this. Thank you.

Great to hear ClaireG11,

Thanks for letting us know 😊

Alex_Rm