cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reputational daamage to VM for using Yodel

PeteU
Joining in

I was emailed by VM out of the blue to ask me if I wanted to upgrade to the new router as mine was out of date. Cool - I love unexpected gifts. I was told that it would be delivered by Yodel about 10 days later and they would email with a delivery time - all good so far. 4 weeks later - I'm still waiting for delivery because ........Yodel can't find my address!!!

I have delivery from other couriers every day of the week. Granted, we are tucked a little bit off the main routes but every other delivery service either finds us on its own - or after one failed attempt, contact us to try and work out where they got lost.

Yodel simply update their system with the message - "Can't locate the address. Need delivery information.". That's it. No attempt to contact. Apparently, they try 3 times and then return the package to the sender. I discovered this after waiting for 3 consecutive days two weeks ago - and then learned that my hub was on the way back to VM. The support I got from Yodel Customer Service was 'Nil'. 

VM Customer Support in comparison - was very helpful and arranged to resend the parcel. I suggested it should be sent by another courier service - but sadly this advice was not heeded.

Today is the second day in another round of 3. Yodel have failed to find my address for the last 2 days - making it 5 in a row - despite the fact that I spent an hour on their chatbot support yesterday and gave them full written instruction on how to find us.

Virgin Media - please listen. I know in my heart that this is not your fault - but I am now tainted by the smell of Yodel when I think about having anything else delivered from you. I was about to change my mobile phone. Guess what? _ I will no longer be considering switching to Virgin as an option. 

Think of the reputational damage to your own business caused by the poor service provided by other companies you employ. I will NEVER recommend Yodel. Sadly, I will now hesitate to use Virgin Media. 

Change your UK courier service. The Internet is littered with people having similar complaints about Yodel - I was shocked at the volume. Until this week, I never knew. I suspect you do. It's time to do something about it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi PeteU 

If this delivery fails it might be possible to contact yodel or VM and arrange to have the upgraded hub sent to your nearest Collect Plus shop instead.   There are two lists of shops.

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi PeteU 

If this delivery fails it might be possible to contact yodel or VM and arrange to have the upgraded hub sent to your nearest Collect Plus shop instead.   There are two lists of shops.

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PeteU thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

As you've mentioned (and seem to know), this is with Yodel directly and unfortunately we are not in control of the delivery aspect of things due to Yodel being our delivery partner.

It's disappointing however to hear of your experience and do really appreciate your frustrations here.

We would advise trying to reach out to Yodel directly via their contact number on 0344 755 0117 and hopefully they'll be able to get things sorted for you.

We do hope this helps and please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

I do know it is Yodel - you are right - and I do know that they control the delivery side of things. But you've missed the point I was making, Tom. 

They are your "delivery partner". And if they mess up - then that reflects on you because YM chooses to have them as their partner. If you chose a better partner - you would get a better reflection on your business. 

I have tried to speak to someone directly on the Customer Services line and it is completely automated. I have spent a LOT of time just trying to speak to a human who was willing to do something positive. I failed.

My original post suggested the VM looks very carefully at the negative impact having Yodel as "your delivery partner" is having on the business of Virgin Media.

Pete

Hi PeteU,

Sorry to hear you have been unable to speak to us to try to get some further help/ support, so I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

spell
Knows their stuff

And delivery of the item is 100% the responsibility of VM - it is not the responsibility of the OP to spend any time or effort in chasing up Yodel - they are not a partner of VM they are an inadequate delivery firm that VM choose to use specifically because they are cheap - CMs responsibility

Kthelawman09
Joining in

I had a different problem but its still the worse delivery company I have ever encountered, I was home waiting for my new router but only noticed they said I missed delivery I found a card in the door ,the person must have the weakest knock as I have 2 dogs that would bark if someone came to the door, they left a number but said they were out of my area and if I moaned they would send it back to virgin. 

Hi Kthelawman09 and thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the delivery of your equipment, Have you been able to arrange a new delivery for your equipment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

It should be Saturday as I had to change shifts to be home.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It is not the responsibility of any VM customer to chase VM's delivery company, whoever that delivery company may be. 

We pay VM for their service and it's up to them to sort all parts of that service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.