cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundancy/homeless cancellation fee & no compassion

Kyralouise
Joining in

Hello,

I have been with VM since September last year. I have recently been made redundant, as to the closure of the company I had worked for, and have been unable to secure a new role enabling me to pay my bills. Not only have I now been left with no source of income, I also wasn’t entitled to any redundancy pay as I hadn’t been with the company for the required time to receive it. 

My landlord has asked I stay with friends/family and end my tenancy to avoid late payments/going into debt with them (Friendly eviction). As of the 7th (2 weeks away) I will be considered homeless and will be staying between friends and family. 

I explained my circumstances via telephone call today and was greeted with ZERO compassion. The agent I spoke with was very rude and came across very belittling when it concerned my redundancy and asked me what redundancy was. Even after explaining my circumstances, and meaning of redundancy, she continued to say I would have to pay the nearly £300 cancellation fee otherwise I would be breaching my contract and would go against my credit. I was told I needed to take the WiFi with me or that my friends or family take on my package as their own. They already have their own packages with VM and as I will be between multiple places this isn’t possible with not having a fixed address.

I am absolutely gobsmacked at this shambles of a customer service line. Working within a customer facing industry the first thing you need to have is an understanding of your customers circumstances and striving to provide a service where you go above and beyond to support needs. What is so difficult about understanding a financial situation which leaves you physically homeless? Where do they suppose this money comes from?

As a previous customer service lead, I am appalled with the tone and manner used during this communication. Had any of my agents spoke to a client like this the correct procedures would be followed to rectify this disgrace of service. Finally to add, this speaks heavy volumes for a company that is renowned for having great reviews and an outstanding customer service. 

If you feel this is insufficient, revert back to the recorded call history and review this for yourself. 

Can somebody of a senior level please find me a solution or file this as a complaint. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Offshore CS agents really don't have a clue and care even less. The VM forum team has helped in similar situations before. I wish you luck with the future. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Offshore CS agents really don't have a clue and care even less. The VM forum team has helped in similar situations before. I wish you luck with the future. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kyralouise, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

We can of course help you and jump in here however we would need some legal documents to say you are now homeless.

Such as from the local council etc do you have this?

If not please try to get some type of legal document and we can look at cancelling the account without any fees without the document we can't do much sorry.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello,

I do not have any legal documents from the council as my tenancy hasn’t expired yet, and I am fortunate enough to have friends and family that I can sofa surf between in the meantime to avoid being put up in a hostel by the council. What I can do is provide evidence of my end of tenancy (once the letters are sent to me) as well as redundancy and change of financial and homing circumstances via Universal Credit, as these are legally documented.

thanks

Sorry to hear this.

We would need a legal document, this could be an eviction notice from your landlord.

Anything legal so from the council, landords etc.

A tenancy agreement would need to state you have been evicted / asked to leave not that has ended.

Could the local council provide you with or your landlord if you have already left the house?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?