cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to Access New Account; "Complete your Profile"

krizzlin
Tuning in

I cannot believe this is STILL an issue 18 months later. So many threads about it but if anyone from Virgin ever responds it's just "we'll PM you" instead of actually addressing any way to resolve the problem.

You call up and they try everything they can to force you off the hold queue, like you're an idiot wasting their time, but what else are we supposed to do if they're never going to fix the issue at their end or put out any information on how to resolve it?

@Virgin - whilst I sit in an endless hold queue YET AGAIN, can anyone PM me to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @krizzlin 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with registering your online account. 
Can you please elaborate on the issues you're specifically facing and we'll look to support further on this for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, the issue is that I can't get into my account without a screen popping up asking for security details and no matter what I enter I just get the same error (code: DEF01) and there's no way to get to any of my account stuff without this screen blocking access.

I called up and they just said I'd have to use the app instead of logging in on the computer. The app does seem to be working thankfully but it's pretty frustrating to be told I just can't use the service from my computer, especially when googling the problem shows it has been a known issue for nearly two years now!

Thanks for coming back to us @krizzlin 
There was a roll out on the DEF01 issue in June that we believed resolved the majority of people's issues. Sorry if this is still ongoing for you. 
Are you able to try this page to see if you can log in and if you still get the error are you able to screenshot the error you're seeing at your side please?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi. That link takes me to the Account Details page, most of which is just blank. There's no account number or area ref. When I try and click other options such as to view my bill, it does initially load, but then before long I'm force redirected to the broken page with the error

krizzlin_0-1709310386574.png

Incidentally it says "Hooray you've verified your email" but I didn't. I had to call up to get it verified because on the very rare occasions I could get the system to send me a verification link they would never work.

Same problem on the mobile or using different browsers

Hi there @krizzlin 

Thank you for coming back to us and I am so sorry that this has happened. In order for us to try and resolve this we do need to grab some further information which is why we offer the PM's. 

I am going to pop you across a private message now so we can take a closer look and try to resolve this for you. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.