cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promise to reduce first bill with Talk Talk early cancellation fee

HazzaL
Tuning in

Hi,

When I signed up I was promised that my first bill would be reduced by the Talk Talk early cancellation fee, so in other words they would pay it for me. I told the customer adviser who signed me up the amount of the early cancellation fee who said she'd deal with it and take that amount off of my first bill. Just checked and unsurprisingly no discount. How do I actually speak to someone about this?

Also signed up for Volt. Already an O2 customer, got sent a new SIM. I'm now paying for two mobile phone contracts and trying to get my old contract cancelled and phone number moved is impossible. I've spent HOURS in online chats all for nothing to happen.

Any help much appreciated 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

You have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in terms of the first issue. Secure the call recording via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

You have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in terms of the first issue. Secure the call recording via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

FlockWallpaper
Up to speed

This ‘customer adviser’ who signed you up, how did you contact them? Did you call VM yourself and enquire about joining, or was it some inbound call to yourself offering xyz?

Hi

It was an inbound call to me after I'd shown interest in signing up on the website. I told them I couldn't sign up to Virgin yet because my contract with Talk Talk didn't end until the end of April. That was when they offered to pay the cancellation fees. 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HazzaL,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post. 

Sorry that you have been having this issue, with this we would like to look into this further, for me to do so I will be sending you a quick private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HazzaL,

Thanks for joining me in that private message, glad we could get this issue resolved for you, if you need anything further please do let us know.

Joe