cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number out of Virgin - End of Contract

usmanpatel
Tuning in

I'm looking to leave Virgin (Broadband and Home Phone) after many years and moving to a new FTTP provider in my area.

I've just given notice to cancel and services end on 14th June and I'll be porting my Landline over to the new provider.

The agent advised that he has "opened" the landline number for the new provider to claim and this will be open for 90 days. He mentioned that if the number isn't claimed by the new provider within 90 days then I would be charged £19 per month.

I'm trying to decide on an install date with the new provider and the porting process takes up to 2 weeks. If the porting was to start on 10th June and take 2 weeks, would my number still be available for the new provider to claim even though my services are due to end on the 14th of June (as the agent says it would be availble for 90 days).

Would I be charged if the porting was completed after the service end date of 14th June or would there be no charge as long as it's complete within 90 days as the agent advised?

(***ADMIN - please delete the other duplicate post***)

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi usmanpatel,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us, if you are taking a number with you the account needs to remain active in order for the number to be taken.

Regards

Paul.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @usmanpatel 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

We want to do our best to help. Generally, we would advise keeping the landline service active so the number can be transferred between providers. This means we would keep the landline alone open until the port is complete. You would not be charged in this case. Doing this earlier may result in the number being lost. You can find all you need to know here Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs