cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdue bill

Jasonsinclair
Joining in

August 2023 I moved home and asked virgin to move over my internet as well. They did this and then billed me a my last £30 for my old account. 

this out standing balance has been on going now until todays date through VM fault only. 
when I received the bill through the post and email I paid straight away, one month later I get another email saying it’s over due. Once I phone up to pay again it’s clear that my previous payment was allocated to my new address and account number. So my current active account was just showing £30 credit and the old one over due still. 

cut a long story short, it’s now almost been a full year since this has happened, and every month I do it all over again. I’ve made several complaints, and reassured it’s fixed and that the payment will be made so the old account can be closed. They have even compensated me around £60 for the hassle as it has affected by credit rating. 

I have probably made 2-3 phones call every month to VM to try and resolve this issue and then emailing the credit file adjustments team to resolve it. Only to get an email back saying the balance is still showing as over due. 

I’ve also asked the caller representative to check my notes when I phone them back, because the second you try and explain the situation you get a ‘ahh I see, someone’s allocated it to your new account, don’t worry I can sort this for you, we just need to take another payment’ and I’m like nooo I’ve paid 10 times already, been told multiple cases that because of VM mess around they will clear the balance and close the account. 

I have no faith or hope that this will ever get sorted. I have received another email this morning saying it’s over due again. Absolutely madness aswell considering it’s only 30 quid. Now effecting my credit rating 

how the hell can I get this sorted? 

Does anyone have contact email for Rachel barrass? Or a director of complaints or something, because the absolute mess of a show I’ve had to deal with is ridiculous 

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jasonsinclair,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

cylinder
Tuning in

Good luck - I found the forum staff here far more helpful than anyone else I could get hold of via official channels. Different situation but similar experience - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Complaint-ignored-and-closed-with-f... - trashed my credit rating just when I was looking at remortgaging too. VM incompetence knows no bounds at every stage of customer interaction.