cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Billing!

CLAREBEAR1
Tuning in

As my contract came to an end, I went into my app and selected a new contract for £57 per month. My following bill was £114, so I joined the webchat to enquire why. After 5hrs, I was told something hadn't gone through their end and they couldn't give me that deal now. When arguing my point that it wasn't my fault their end had messed up and I had a contract stating £57, they then agreed to keep to this. I was told I had to agree to a £79 a month contract and a rolling discount would be applied each month to bring it down to £57. I was skeptical, but after being told I would receive new documents to that effect within 24hrs, I waited. Lo and behold, another contract with £79 per month appeared. 2hr more on webchat and I was reasurred that the next bill would be correct. April's bill is £140! I phoned Virgin, and was told that there is no record of prior agreements on my account and I would have to go on webchat again, as it was they who agreed it. So, I am facing losing more hours of my life arguing again, plus demanding refunds, and if course it is now over 14 days so cannot cancel without a hefty penalty! I am so disappointed 😥 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcornbill
Tuning in

They are a joke, I'm going through the same nonsense right now, been 3 weeks since they issued me an incorrect eContract. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good evening @CLAREBEAR1 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I was sorry to read you have a dispute over your account package price and subsequent billing.

I shall send you a PM and we can discuss this securely, so we can investigate what's happened and hopefully resolve it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mcornbill
Tuning in

They are a joke, I'm going through the same nonsense right now, been 3 weeks since they issued me an incorrect eContract. 

Thanks for reaching out to us @mcornbill, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the billing issues you've been experiencing.

Can you please confirm what has been advised when speaking to our team on this subject?

On some occasions, the contract may appear to be incorrect but we would make up the difference in charges via a rolling credit.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi

I have just spent 90mins on webchat trying to sort this out - again. That's 8.5hrs in total on webchat now, and still not resolved. It's a joke. 

Hi CLAREBEAR1

We can see that you are currently in PM with John, he will be able to assist you further once he's able to respond to your message.

Thanks for your patience.

Beth