cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - now price increase after promise it wouldnt

Colinodlin
Joining in

We were out of contract so cancelled VM last month due to huge price hike.  Few days later, a lady rang with a good offer to stay which we agreed to and  took out a new VM contract 

We were told that there would be *no* price increase this year which was important as this was one of the reasons we stayed.  However, we have just received an letter from VM notifying us of the upcoming price increases! Why?  Is the cost of this package going to be increased when we were assured that it would not?  

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Alby41
Up to speed

Hi ... surprising .. you.need to look at " my virgin media " .. and your contract ... twill be laid out and written in black and white .. costs,, dates... everything .. see if it has been amended ... VM usually append this fairly quickly .. just have a quick check .. M8tey to see if your good self and VM and singing from the same hymn sheet ... some ammo for you there ... just sayin..😊

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Colinodlin 

Check your new contract by logging into My Virgin Media.

The letter you've just received may have been part of a batch process which was set up before you re-contracted.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Colinodlin, Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?