cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiated new price but not being honoured by VM

Polly15
Tuning in

I negotiated a new price online, on August 26th: £71 (maintaining the same level of service but upgraded to a 360 box from V6), yet despite having the contract documents, Virgin Media are refusing to honour the contract. I am still being charged at my old contract price, which is in excess of £100.

Despite hours of phone calls and hours on the online chat, I am no further forward. I have raised a complaint but today this is showing as closed with absolutely no update. Last night, I was informed the same deal will now cost me £173.

I want VM to honour the contract I have for the price outlined in the contract: £71.

Having read through some of the posts, I can see that this seems to be a common problem. What on earth VM? This is not acceptable!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mr_K
Well-informed

If you have the docs/copies of coversations proving your deal, then you have them banged to rights. Even deals on the phone they record.  Same thing happened to me which I negotiated over the phone. Put a complaint in, they listened to the recording  then honoured the price. Bit of a hassle that I could have done without, but it doesn't seem uncommon.  ( but the diff between £71 and £173 seems a heck of a lot so somethings not right  - interested what you get for that type of money !)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Mr_K
Well-informed

If you have the docs/copies of coversations proving your deal, then you have them banged to rights. Even deals on the phone they record.  Same thing happened to me which I negotiated over the phone. Put a complaint in, they listened to the recording  then honoured the price. Bit of a hassle that I could have done without, but it doesn't seem uncommon.  ( but the diff between £71 and £173 seems a heck of a lot so somethings not right  - interested what you get for that type of money !)

It includes the full package and a sim card but for £173; not a chance!

Polly15
Tuning in

I am not going to accept this and will update this post with progress or indeed, lack of. 

interlinked
Tuning in

When you accepted a new contract online, did you receive pre-contract documentation?

This is a set of documents that outlines your monthly price, and contains the information of the contract you would be entering into.

The documents would have been sent via SMS & e-mail. In the case that you do possess a copy of the documents and had accepted it at the time, it should be honoured and you should accept nothing less.

Soupset
On our wavelength

You give me some hope. I have screen shots of when I renewed and one of them actually says; done, you’ve renewed your contract! I also have a confirmation of your order email and a reference. I have the contract documents that I was asked to read before confirming as well 🤞. The problem is while I am trying to sort this out I am paying hugely inflated non discounted prices ☹️

Hey Polly15, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please can you let me know if you got any pre documents or so?

If you did can you let me know what price it shows? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I've got the documents and accepted the quote. I have been informed by VM that the contract should have kicked in  automatically at their side, which didn't happen. The way I see it, this is their mess for them to sort as I have a contract. This does seem a very common problem and needs investigated and resolved by VM or indeed the ombudsman. 

Yes, we are also experiencing the same inflated prices; however, I`m not accepting their excuses for not implementing our contract and will be looking for the overpayments to be returned. I wonder exactly how many people are in this position? Interesting.

I did indeed receive contract documents which reflect a price point of £71 per calendar month for the first 18 months.