cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Home, Price Increased

keirahocking
Joining in

I moved home almost two months ago and transferred my existing virgin broadband contract to my new address. When we received our first communication, we noticed the package price had increased from £26 to £49 per month. Not just that, the contract we were already 6 months into was reset, so we were back to month 1. We called to query the increase and were told that the original price would be honoured for our first bill (contact #1), and not to worry.

Our first bill came and the package price was listed at £49. I contacted virgin via web chat (contact #2) and he told me he could not change the bill, but would credit the difference to my account so I was only paying £26.50. He assured me the original price of £26.50 would be reflected on our second bill, as per the original contract.

The second bill was sent today and sure enough, is still £49 per month. Each time I try to contact Virgin, the automatic response asks me to pay the bill - I cannot seem to speak to a real person.

All I want is for my contract to revert back to what was originally agreed and signed prior to the move - I don’t think that is too much to ask. I’m becoming extremely frustrated at Virgin’s service and would love to hear of any suggestions to cancel my contract altogether, it is becoming ridiculous and far too time consuming to attempt to contact a representative each month.

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello keirahocking.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the incorrect pricing on your account after moving home.

sometimes with a house move, the discounts on the former account may have expired and would not be able to be re added to the new account.

When this happens the Movers Team will place you on the same package, but it may be at a higher cost.

If this is the case we off set the extra by applying a rolling credit to bring it back down to £26.

Sadly from here we are unable to deal with billing or package costs. 

If you can call the team again 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone. Alternatively you can use WhatsApp: +447305 327 112 

Please can you keep us posted how you get on.

Gareth_L