cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to by door sales representative

Rachael-1
Joining in

When a sales representative came to our house he told us we are eligible for the essentials package as we are on UC. He told us he would sign us up and all we needed to do was contact him when everything was installed to have this sorted out on the billing. 

When everything was installed we tried to contact the sales representative but got no response and subsequently found out we had been signed onto the most expensive package, we then contacted virgin media and was told there was nothing that they could do as we are in a 24 month contract with streaming. 

I was told we wouldn't be charged for streaming yet we are being. I was told we would be charged a set up fee yet we have been and I've been mis-sold the wrong package meaning we can't afford our bill and have been restricted/cut off. 

What can I do? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Rachael cancel everything immediately under the 14 day cooling off period then raise a formal complaint. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

I hope you manage to get this sorted. Usually they email you the contract. It should tell you on there what they have offered you. 

VM customer service is the worst so stick it out here on this forum for help. Otherwise you will end up with white hair and a headache with all the stress.. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Cancel the contract immediately. You have been miss-sold this product and that is a criminal offence, as well as being a dirty trick.  Speak to Citizens Advice 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

asim18
Fibre optic

Based on the final paragraph of the OP, I'm assuming the 14 day cooling off period has lapsed, as the OP claims the bill has arrived and services have been restricted as bill hasnt been paid.

I really hope you can get this sorted. If you are within the 14 day cooling off period, you need to make sure you tell them you wish to exercise your rights under UK consumer law to cancel within 14 days without penalty. VM customer services are sometimes unaware of their own obligations.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rachael-1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry that it could not be at a better time and to hear of the issues that you’re having with your contract. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L