cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left but billed

MatGreen
Joining in

Last year, in November we left Virgin Media. We rang customer services, told them we were leaving and then disconnected all the equipment. Our new provider warned us that there may be a crossover month , but as customers of Virgin for over a decade, we knew we would not have any restrictions about leaving early from a contract. Now in February I see an email in my in box asking for money and threatening to discount a service that was already disconnected as far as I was concerned and to get a debt collection agency involved. I know the exact day and time I cancelled, as I can see the phone calls I made to customer services, but it seemed Virgin just kept the service going anyway. The email is a noreply one and the WhatsApp service just goes round in circles asking for an option to be chosen which I can’t do, since as far as I’m concerned, I don’t have a current service with Virgin.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can a company just ignore it when you give notice that you want to cancel your service?

3 REPLIES 3

SameraYounis
Tuning in

Have you been charged via direct debit? If so you can call your bank and recall all the payments they've deducted since your notice period ran out. If any threatening letters, post a short note to them explaing why you did it and say you dispute the charges. If they pass on to debt collectors, do not pay a penny. just email them saying that the amount is in dispute with their client and they should refer the charges back to VM. MOST DEBT COLLECTORS are just harassment agencies. Ignore them.  DO NOT IGNORE ANY NOTICES ABOUT COURT ACTION. You should seek legal advice at this stage.. citizens advice etc

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MatGreen 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I'm going to send you a private message, to look into this further for you. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I see the VM forum team is now helping you but as regards whether VM can simply ignore your cancellation request see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).