cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I have jump through hoops every 18 months to renew contracts I’ll be leaving Virgin after 20 years

Michael99
Dialled in

IMG_1848.jpegI renegotiated my contract a couple of weeks before it was due to expire and talked with an agent and accepted the deal they offfered which was £80/ month despite my phones now being billed separately on O2, as the old contract expired and moved into the new contract period I was then then billed £50 over the amount I was expecting and I just assumed it was because of the two week transition period. Now I’ve received this months bill and it’s £157 and am having to work my way through the phone system *again* to sort that issue out and they’re now “trying to find me a better deal” despite having already accepted the deal they offered. This whole process has taken an hour so far and I’m still on hold waiting for the second same offer to be finalised giving me the time to write this essay. By the way, I ended up having to choose the phone option that I’m thinking of leaving because all the other options just led to a useless text message with. “Information”. It seems Virgin now pull every trick they can to stop you talking to someone. Your customer service is a far cry from the service I originally joined back in the NTL days and it’s just no longer worth the stress. The moment an alternative fibre provider is available here I’ll be dropping everything and moving everything over to alternative providers. I’ve never said anything like this and even recommended Virgin to friends but it’s now intolerably bad.

p.s. the above inflation price increase was just the icing on the cake.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Well-informed

Yip. Customer since 2007 but as of next Thursday won't be.

54 mins was about the time offshore retentions wasted putting me on hold countless times and then randomly transferring me to anther offshore guy who wanted to know what I was using the internet for, how many devices. I'm also fed up of the every 18 months fisaco and lock-in to 18 month contracts with 2 legal tie ins for price increases that you have no idea about upfront! VM didn't even bother ringing back this time after initial contact, and I am certainly not going to chase them as signed up elsewhere now...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

unisoft
Well-informed

Yip. Customer since 2007 but as of next Thursday won't be.

54 mins was about the time offshore retentions wasted putting me on hold countless times and then randomly transferring me to anther offshore guy who wanted to know what I was using the internet for, how many devices. I'm also fed up of the every 18 months fisaco and lock-in to 18 month contracts with 2 legal tie ins for price increases that you have no idea about upfront! VM didn't even bother ringing back this time after initial contact, and I am certainly not going to chase them as signed up elsewhere now...

Michael99
Dialled in

…and since I can no longer edit the original post, they’ve now deactivated my second TV box so now it’s back to the phone merry-go-round again tomorrow because it’s past 9pm.

asim18
Fibre optic

Yeah, it's a shame this industry is completely unregulated when it comes to pricing. 1 person pays £30 for a package and the other person gets ripped off with £80 for the same package. And then they get ripped off doubly because they are chancers and put £120 on your direct debit and hope you don't notice you're being overcharged.

I wish fair-trade was a legal requirement.

The amount of people who see VM as a complete scam/fraud company must surely be in the millions! I read at least several posts per day claiming they have fallen victim of some sort of fraud.

Hi there @Michael99 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your new bill, I would be more than happy to look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

I contacted VM by phone on 15/04 about my bill which showed I was being charged for WiFi Booster, £8.00, which I dont use allthough an unsolicited pkge was sent to me some considerable time ago, and also paper billing at £1.25, I stopped paperbilling years ago.

The person I spoke suggested some savings with a different Pkge - I was on the phone for 82 mins! Today I read the contract, it transpires its at a discount for xx months then rockets to more than I pay now. I dont accept this new Contract, so I phoned VM today 16/04 - I dont remember the login word so I gave other details including payment on my bank 28/03 and the amount - I'm then told that doesnt match and what is the latestet bill - I dont have an April bill - agent repeats the same Q and I give same answers, I was not rude/abusive agent then hangs up.

Where now?

palcouk
On our wavelength

PS logged in to my VM account selected Chat to us online doesnt work tried 2 browsers

palcouk
On our wavelength

Thought I'd phone again, this time spoke to someone whose accent I could uderstand, and all was sorted

Hello palcouk.

Thanks for your reply.

As much as we would love to help with package issues. This is beyond our support scope on our community.

We are happy to know you have been able to get this resolved after calling.

If you need to get in touch again we do have the option of direct messaging on X (Twitter) and Facebook.

We do also have a team that can help on WhatsApp.

The links are below if you need them 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/
WhatsApp: +447305 327 112
Twitter: https://twitter.com/virginmedia

For any fault related help we are more than able to help.

Gareth_L