cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Apply To Give My Partner Power of Attorney

BobT
On our wavelength

Hi - The subject line says it all.  Unable to get rid of 'To Be Announced' on Media Menus. I have checked everything recommended on this and other sites so there is not a problem with cabling/connections.  I also note that the problem may be caused by a faulty TIVO box. I am unable to use the telephone hence the request for POA.

Also, apologies for making my initial request directly to a Moderator, clearly a big mistake on my part.

Thanks for any advice.

BobT

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi BobT,

If you briefly explain what the problem is with your faulty tivo box, along with any onscreen error messages and codes the forum team may be able help remedy the box issue(s) from here.  They may also be able to help with registering for POA.

Details and a contact email address to register for POA are available on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

The info below is a copy paste from the Extra support & services > Power of Attorney and other court appointed third party account management sub section from the above linked page (the copy paste doesn't include the contact email address as the forum software removes it)

"If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BobT, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your TiVo box. As mentioned by newapollo, if you can let us know what sorts of issues you're having along with any error messages, we can can help from here. 

In terms of the power of attorney, I can see that the above post has all the information in to register that 😊

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BobT
On our wavelength

Thank you  and Kath_F for your responses.  Thank you, I will follow up the accessibility link later. For now.....

TV Programme Menu only list/displays 'To Be Announced'.  Originally only the first page of the programme names/times had this comment filling the Menu.  This has now spread to most pages of the Programme Menu.  

Also, I now sometimes get a 'Security Error' when selecting a channel.  This reads : 

Security Error - "the server could not prove that it is content.dtv.virginmedia.com, its security certificate is not trusted by your computer etc".  Plus two small boxes to click on - 1) Back to safety and 2) Proceed anyway.  Neither of these buttons work.

Do take care  - 

BobT

Hi BobT

I'll send you a PM now to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill