cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeworks scam and Virginmedia general scummery

quango2k
Joining in

I thought I would start with that I am a computer and networking engineer with over 30 years experience now....

So, a couple of months ago I had a problem with my PC connecting to an external server, it was being blocked by something and I couldn't work out what so called up technical support. He instantly started trying to add on an additional package and I was extremely clear I did not want it at all and there was nothing wrong with my PC configuration as it was all working the previous day. He told me there would be no charge, and put me through to someone else and he said if he can prove it was my PC there would be a one off charge. The guy connected to my PC, faffed about for over 30 mins doing the same things I had already done over and over and came to no conclusion, fixed absolutely nothing. I closed it down and that was that. I then reset everything a few days later and managed to get it working. 

Then to my surprise I find they have added on a package (which seems quite common..) "Homeworks"...for one, I proved they were useless and fixed nothing so I was livid this was added onto my account. I contacted support via live chat, who was apologetic and told me he had removed it and I would be credited the amount charged. The service costs £9.99 but he credited £8.85...OK, no big deal I thought as it was resolved at least...but no!! 

The next bill, there it is! livid! so I call and sit there for over an hour while someone useless messed about with my account trying to remove it. Now they are claiming, when they remove it, my bill goes up!!! What on earth logic is that! 

I have a discount on my account which runs out in October this year of £11, she is telling me that when removing the service I never asked for, which was also totally useless, also removes my discount and makes my bill go up even more! The level of stupidity here has no bounds! 

My Bill should be £46.14, but is currently £58.95, and if I remove that service, it goes up over £70! What kind of crackpots are these people! 

I have raised a complaint, but dealing with them is like slamming your face into a wall. 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good evening @quango2k 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this dispute. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Yup the VM forum team frequently has to pick up the pieces (as John is having to do here) after offshore customer services have been involved. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).