cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move leading to a new contract

Shaba2023
Tuning in

Hello, 

I moved home around December 2022. And initiated a home move during the month of November 2022.

In completing the home move, I noticed that my contract date was changed to what would equal 18 months from the date of my home move. I had not changed anything in relation to the contract / pcakage and kept it the same. 

I called VM up to ask why this was the case. To which I was reassured it was a system technicality and would be resolved to reflect my original contract end date. 

However, as I approach my contract end date. Where my offers are going to fall off, my contract remains extended for an additional 3 months.

I wouldn't necessarily have minded this, if the offers remained until the end of the contract. However, my price is set to hike dramatically, leading to an increase for the last 3 months on this amended contract, to which I was assured would not be amended from the original contract period.

I would really appreciate if this can be addressed. As prior to this, I would have been inclined to stay with VM. However contingent on how this is dealt, it could force me to move to another provider.

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Shaba2023 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and I would be more than happy to take a closer look with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Shaba2023
Tuning in

Just awaiting an action to take place from Virgin Media. Expecting an update in a couple days. (For future people reading this).

Thank you for updating the forums for us @Shaba2023 

I've popped a PM across to you now to state the end date has now been changed, any further questions you may have please do let me know.

Shaba2023
Tuning in

Hi, 

I would just like to comment that my issue was dealt with excellently via this post. I was kept up to date with progress and what was stated to be actioned has been actioned correctly and promptly. 

Thank you Ashleigh.

Thank you for chatting with me @Shaba2023 and I am so glad that we were able to get this corrected. 

Please do pop back to me in the future and we will do all we can to assist.