cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Signed up to new package I did not consent to

anon11
Joining in

Hi,

I recently signed up to a o2 12 month sim-only plan. As part of that, they were supposed to give me double data.

When I queried this with o2, they have instead signed me up to a new home broadband contract from 125mb to 250mb and my bill has shot up from £46 to £64!
I did not agree to this and getting through to someone is a headache. Can someone help me out to cancel this please? It's been 2 days since this happened

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi anon11 

The forum team don't have access to the /regrade/cancellation systems.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.  Select option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving) and they can cancel the new contract and place you back on the old one, and give you the opportuinty to negotiate a new deal. They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @anon11 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with a package that was changed unknowingly. So that we can assist you with this, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina