cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to cancel as my bill quadrupled after renewal

Omaranwar
Tuning in

Sadly have to cancel after being with VM for 5 years now, my bill has gone from £15 to £75, underatnad I cant have that same deal again but no offers or renewal deals given, seems VM are not going through retentions as much? Ive been given my month before it cancels. Was hoping someone who is from VM retentions would have got in touch but nothing yet. Sad to go!

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Outbound retentions don't call every customer.  You need to sign into My Virgin Media and check under Account Settinngs >Marketing and Contact Preferences are set to allow VM to contact you. If they are turned off then VM definitely won't be able to call you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@Omaranwar wrote:

Sadly have to cancel after being with VM for 5 years now, my bill has gone from £15 to £75, underatnad I cant have that same deal again but no offers or renewal deals given, seems VM are not going through retentions as much? Ive been given my month before it cancels. Was hoping someone who is from VM retentions would have got in touch but nothing yet. Sad to go!

VM seem to have taken the decision to get stricter on renewals in terms of any discounts this year, and it is noticeable by the amount of people leaving and opting to defund Virgin Media and fund their competition instead. Never in my history have I seen so many long term customers leaving VM this year - and that is just from the forum residents - they'll be far more that have not joined the forums and leave without publishing here.

It's VM business decision and they will ultimately be accountable in the Q3 and beyond financial figures, which includes customer churn. There is far more competition for many now, with providers offering full fibre, lower latency than HFC areas with DocSIS, symmetric download and upload speeds, cheaper, UK based support etc. You won't know till you try it as they say with regard to switching out. The one click system should help make switching easier than ever before as you won't need to deal with VM's customer service as your new provider does it and cancels the contract.