cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Sales promised me a Hub 5 and no additional fees this year?

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

Hello.  During a second VM visit, as part of verbal contract negotions, your VM Field Sales agent explicitly assured me that if I signed up that night on my doorstep;

1) I'd be sent a Hub5 + V360 self-install package (I was explicit as an ex-VM customer that I did not want any Hub2ac/Hub3/Hub4s)

2) No installation, kit or postage costs; free engineer visit if self-install unsuccessful.

3) Be exempt from the April 2024 3.9%+RPI contract price rise, as, "With any contracts signed after Jan 1st 2024 VM prices are fixed for the current year ahead, and so only the April 2025 prise rise would affect my 18m contract promotional price."

Yodel delivered a Hub3 earlier today!

The barrage of emails and pdfs sents last few days all suggest a £14.99 activation fee, plus a £19.99 delivey fee, and that the April 2024 price rise is in fact applicable!  (A 9 week promotional price is no use to anyone!)

I do recall your VM agent telling me that our negotiated contract discounts will show in due course on my first bill and not immediately, as they require managerial authorisation, and so to ignore the higher costs shown in the pre-contract pdf billing.  However, surely by now one of the six VM pdfs emailed to me via eight emails this week ought to be reflecting the correct promotional price, free postage, and exemption from the April 2024 price rise in 9 weeks?

How exactly do I get the refused Hub3 returned and swopped for the Hub5?  Any bill reassurances, or have been misinformed and missold?  Figured I'd ask here before I exercise my 14 day cooling-off cancellation rights next week.

16 REPLIES 16

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Zombiebait,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there appears to be some confusion and dispute following a discussion with one of our field sales team. So that we can take a closer look at what's going on, I'm going to send you a private message shortly. Please respond to this when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Alby41
Up to speed

We would all like to know how you eventually get on and you are happy I hope you get sorted it sounds a good combination ,, sadly I have a few posts about VM's field sales team promising one thing or maybe two and differing outcomes happen ... mistakes often happen but I really hope you get sorted matey,

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think ‘field agents’ are not employed by VM, but are self employed. Did you get a written confirmation or a voice recording of what you were offered? If not I’m afraid you are on a loser. Some of these people will offer anything. Hub5 are only being issued to 1G customers and normally you be offered a hub suitable for you contract, a Hub3.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

Thanks, me too.

Same!  Hub2ac modem with my own expensive router was my prior VM package of too many years.  Apologetic retentions assured me they'd post me out a broadcom Hub5 last year, but they didn't, so I cancelled the lot when my 18m ran out.

Re your voip posts, the call clarity of BT digital voice is like 4K vs SD of my original crackly VM telephone landline, so persevere with getting a VM voip hub and good luck with it matey.

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

Oh!  Hmmm, idnk re self-employed or not.  The pleasant and knowledgeable "field sales" chap arrived with VM ID in response to me having browsed the VM site's Jan offers, without which I would never have given out my bank details for example.  I've had unsolicited door-knockers here before scrounging for the VM £50 referral bonus, but this chap seemed genuine VM and not self-employed?

As such, at the time I felt no need for secret verbal recordings etc.  I scribbled his answers to my key Qs on a piece of paper as I totted up.  All the negotiation writings went into his tablet as I decided upon which VM package of those he was offering.  He explained this would generate the contract for his manager to authorise and then email me.  I could have signed up now but joined VM in April had I wished, given my stance re the looming April price hike negating any promo, but he was explicit that there was no need being after 1st Jan.  There was no sales pressure, and frankly I felt this chap was a rare VM asset!  The sort that wouldn't try to bamboozle my grandparents even!

Let's see.  Hopefully, I won't have to exercise my 14d cooling-off period as I do actually want VM.

Hi Zombiebait, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I can see you've already sent a private message to my colleague who was originally helping you to resolve this. 

We'll leave this with them to avoid multiple agents working on the same thing 🙂 They will be in touch with you when back on shift.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

Thank you.  I'm trying my best to make any progress.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just beware of delays to get you past the 14 days.  Telling you to wait for a refund in due course is just one trick.

You may have to cancel in order to get a reasonable response with a better offer.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

Ok thanks for that advice @jpeg1.  I'll certainly keep an eye on those 14 days... 5 more working days left before I throw in the towel.