cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do calls from retentions etc. sometimes come from India?

warawn2
Joining in

In the middle of negotiating a better deal for my services with VM and and I've added WhatsApp to my phone (never used it before) and added VM on WhatsApp just in case I felt like trying to communicate with them that way and vice versa and I realised I've missed a call from someone called 'Caroline' but the number was from India.

Could that have been someone from VM perhaps calling with some offers?

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

VM certainly has outsourced agents in India via an offshoring outfit called Capgemini but they would present as Virgin Media not as Caroline AFAIK. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @warawn2 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

Just to clarify, was it in a voicemail that "Caroline" was mentioned or was it showing as a missed call within WhatsApp under that name?

In order to discuss getting a better deal, we'd suggest contacting our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then four), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline. 

Alternatively, you can seek support via WhatsApp on +447305 327 112.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @Cardiffman282 👍

Regards,
Daniel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would also like to think that any VM agent making outbound calls, should present one of their published 0345 numbers as caller-ID and not a random Indian number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks