cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

Username24
Joining in

I just found out I have a default on my credit file from Virgin after doing a credit check. 

I closed my account almost 2 years ago and have never missed a payment, nor was ever told I owed anything when the account was closed.

I can't access any of my account details since all login details have been removed online.

I have reached out to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk but have not heard anything back and there are no contact numbers to reach out to.

Does anyone have any information on who best to contact for this as it's quite urgent to get my credit score sorted. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Username24 wrote:

I have [contacted] creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk but have not heard anything back and there are no contact numbers to [call].

When did you email the credit score inbox? Was it more than 21days ago? Previous replies I've seen on this subject, have suggested there is no process to expedite this and it's only if the 21day timescale has been breached, can the forum team intervene.

FYI there's no such thing as a credit score outside certain CRA's marketing departments who want to sell you additional products. As you've identified, it's the entries on your statutory credit file that matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Username24, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Could this also be for a late payment?

The team you have emailed is the correct one they will reach out when they can don't worry.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

As mentioned by japitts it can take up to 21 working days also for a reply. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?