cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlock letter requested multiple times and VM not providing it

rhax
Joining in

Hi,

I am writing to express my frustration with the lack of resolution regarding my complaint C-2702241160, initiated in February concerning a missold broadband contract, where a discounted priced was promised via phone call  and was never applied.

Despite multiple attempts via phone calls and chats since November 2023, the promised discount has not been applied, as confirmed by call recordings obtained through a DSAR.

I requested a deadlock letter a few times via email and calls to the resolution department, but nor a fix or letter has been provided yet, even after providing the call recordings which clearly  shows the contract terms that were agreed during the call.

So far, I've only received scripted templates regarding my complaint with no solution whatsoever. I believe I wasted enough time now since November with your customer service/cancellation/resolutions team and I am not willing to spend hours again in waiting queues explaining the same issue over and over to different people to get chat disconnections, fake promises that the billing will be fixed, or that some manager has to approve the discount code first and I will see it fix in next month bill which never happens. I've had enough patience.

I request that you escalate this matter to a senior member of your team or relevant department capable of addressing and resolving this issue promptly, and finally provide the letter of deadlock as I wish to take this complaint further to ombudsman/ofcom. I only want  to cancel my contract as I never agreed to the price I've been paying and not having to deal with Virgin Media any longer.

Regards,

RP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAICS there are two option to consider here:

1. wait for the forum team to respond to this thread to see if they are able to help
  2. continue to independent adjudication stage of complaint process as more than 8-weeks have passed, read more here How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help

Should you choose to pursue option 2 then also consider speaking with the Financial Ombudsman Service also with a view to raising a complaint with them.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAICS there are two option to consider here:

1. wait for the forum team to respond to this thread to see if they are able to help
  2. continue to independent adjudication stage of complaint process as more than 8-weeks have passed, read more here How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help

Should you choose to pursue option 2 then also consider speaking with the Financial Ombudsman Service also with a view to raising a complaint with them.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rhax 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you intend to leave us 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @用心棒 👍

Regards,
Daniel