cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Ruined! Mortgage Declined

cpoynton86
Joining in

Hi Virgin Media, after numerous attempts at trying to call and get through to someone I have been unsuccessful. I am reaching out to you in utter desperation, like many others in this thread, as I held an account with yourselves back in 2013 - 2016 I believe. I paid all my bills and then moved out of the property and cancelled my subscription. Fast forward many years later and I am finally in the position to get a mortgage (deposit in hand) for me, my wife and my 2 young children. The only thing that is now stopping me is that Virgin Media have been reporting default / missed payments on my account for the last 7 years! I have received no letters or correspondence advising me that anything was owed - if this was the case, I would happily pay. Please can you report urgently to the 3 credit reference agencies that in fact my account is clear and remove all negative marks from my account since 2016! This is ruining my life at the moment as we face being homeless being kicked out of our rental property and simply not being able to be approved for a mortgage solely based on these incorrect markers from Virgin Media. I look forward to your reply. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cpoynton86.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about the failed mortgage application.

As much as we would like to help, we have no way of resolving this from here sorry. 

You will need to send full details to our Credit File Amendments Team.

Please find the details below.

Can you send the details to 

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

In the email you will need to include your account number, full name, contact number, account address, the company that was used to view their credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. The credit file amendments team will action this within the next 14 days of receiving their email. 

Hope that helps, and good luck with things going forward.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. As it’s been so long I have no way of obtaining my account number or virgin telephone number. Is this something you can help provide? Thank you 

Hello cpoynton86. 

We are unable to advise of account details, 

If you put as much information down as possible. Address where the services were. Our Consumer underwriting Team will be able to trace the account.

Gareth_L

jingcui6
Tuning in

Hi, cpoynton86, I’m shocked and angry to see your experience. You're not the only one. I’m suffering the same mess now. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Virgin-Media-kept-sending-me-false-...