cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Dispute

MKuser1
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media Customer Service,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an urgent issue I have recently discovered on my credit report.

Upon reviewing my credit report, I noticed that an adverse credit mark has been placed by Virgin Media. I am writing to dispute this action as I believe it may be a mistake or a misunderstanding.

I have been a loyal customer of Virgin Media for for over 5 years with a number of accounts open, and I have always strived to maintain a positive financial relationship with your company. To my knowledge, there are no outstanding issues, unpaid bills, or disputes that would warrant such a negative impact on my credit history.

I kindly request that you investigate this matter promptly and provide me with a detailed explanation of the circumstances leading to the adverse credit marking. Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could take the necessary steps to rectify this situation and have the adverse credit mark removed from my credit report.

Please understand that a negative impact on my credit history can have serious consequences, and I am eager to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. I kindly ask that you assign a representative from your team to contact me to discuss and resolve this issue.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and your assistance in resolving what I hope is a simple misunderstanding. Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to a swift resolution.

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MKuser1,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there is a mark on your credit file that you were previously unaware of.

The quickest way to get this looked at is to raise a dispute directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

If you would prefer to raise this directly with us then in order for us to investigate this and look at things, we would need a bit more information from you. Please send a copy of your credit file to us along with the following information:

• ➡ Virgin Media account number
  • ➡ Full name
  • ➡ Contact number
  • ➡ Account address
  • ➡ The company that you used to view your credit file
  • ➡ Any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. 

Once the team have this information, they will investigate and action any amendments within 21 days of receiving your email. You can send this to the following email address: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs