cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create your Virgin Media O2 ID

mikez
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am trying to join together Virgin media and o2 logins.   

Step 1 is to change my virgin media email login and that appears to have worked.

Step 2 is to join them together and I click 

Let’s create your Virgin Media O2 ID

it takes me to this link  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/link-sign-in-virgin-media-o2-id

From this point I just get the whirling infinity symbol and that's it it doesn't move on. Any ideas what I should try next ?

regards

Mike

18 REPLIES 18

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Sorry to jump on this thread but i have the same issue, I have tried on pc using Chrome and Edge and at some point of the process i just get the please wait VM icon also tried on my phone, get a step further but then the same. Been trying on and of now for a few weeks.

Hi @bitsandpcs 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you're also experiencing this issue. 

I will pop you a PM 📩 now to look into this further. 

Thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I also have this problem.

I have been through the process of "create a Virgin Media O2 id by clicking on the link in the email I received from you. Then I had to change my email address which I did. I received an email with verification code and when I entered that it said I had been successful in creating an account. But when I tried to log into O using Virgin Media account it tells me that I don't have one. I've tried the processs again but now just hung up with the spinning symbol.

Hi @Chaserfree thanks for your message here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Sorry to hear this - as you are experiencing issues logging into the O2 app with our username, it would be the O2 team you'd need to raise this to, to see if they can raise an IT Ticket from their side, sadly we'd be unable to do this as it is not our platform.

In the meantime, please continue to utilise your O2 log in separately.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Chaserfree
On our wavelength

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It was an email from VM that told me I need to create a VM O2 id. The link to start the process sent me to the VM website where I was told I could no longer use the email I always have and must create a new one, which I did and was accepted by VM. It was VM that sent me a verification code and VM that told me the account set up had been successful. On the O2 website it was the "sign in with a VM O2 id" that I tried to log in with. And when I tried to repeat the process it was the VM symbol that hung up. Others on this post with the same problem have been offered help by members of your team (most recently Ayisha_B) so I'm confused why you say this is not a VM issue.

Nevertheless I've given up in frustration, contacted O2 direct and created a separate account with them.

Hi @Chaserfree thanks for your reply.

With other users that have had their issue fixed, the problem has rectified itself automatically.

Unfortunately, as it is an O2 system (despite it being the Virgin Media username), we cannot raise it at this moment in time.

Hopefully we are able to work with O2 to resolve this before the accounts are fully merged. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Mannginger
Joining in

Hey folks, I'm having this issue as well. I just get the Mobius loop spinning away. I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers repeatedly over several weeks. Any ideas?

Hi Mannginger

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

We are sorry to hear you are having the same issue.

We would recommend following the advise in this thread please. 

As you are experiencing issues logging into the O2 app with our username, it would be the O2 team you'd need to raise this to, to see if they can raise an IT Ticket from their side, sadly we'd be unable to do this as it is not our platform.

In the meantime, please continue to utilise your O2 log in separately.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ThePinkster
On our wavelength

I have also been having the same problem as others creating a Virgin Media/O2 ID. I did what the email asked , but then I also got stuck on the 'loading' page too. So I went to O2, logged in, and made my Virgin Media/O2 ID through them. After security texts and email from O2 it is now set up and working . A much easier route to take !