cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim your Exclusive Offer - Email

rogyboy71
Just joined

Received 2 emails from VM telling me my contract's up soon (4 months) and I should login to view my exclusive offers and deals and lock in the best value available to me.

What I want to do is downgrade my TV and phone (which I haven't used in over 10 years!!!) and go broadband only. After over 3 hours of online effort I was finally connected to an agent. Even though I explained what I wanted to do she continued to make me offers based on keeping the TV and phone package. Eventually, she relented and agreed to look at Broadband only. Then came straight back, without missing a beat, and told me that as my contract still has 4 months to go (which she knew all along) she told me I am not eleigible for any discounts and must stay with my contract, come back in August and go through this whole soul destroying process all over again. I hope you're not surprised that I'm disgusted with VM customer service. I'm a customer of 26 years and each time I have an issue with VM I have to go through agonies to get crumbs from the table. I looked at the website and Gig1 is available for £41 a month. But, it seems not to this customer, at least until VM have screwed every penny out of my existing contract. VM's customer services has to be one of the worst in the UK. My experiences with them have always been awful and I cannot wait to get to Broadband only so I have to deal with them as little as possible. Just appalling.

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All standard VM stuff.  Multi packages attract the biggest discounts as always.  As for a new user, that's standard as well.  In 4 months time ring retentions as see what they offer.  If you don't get a good deal, just leave and go else where.  There is no such thing as customer loyalty anymore.  To come back as a new user you need to have left for 90 days.  I have done this and ended up with twice the speed for less than half the price on a broadband only deal btw. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks