cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling after almost 25 years, a shame.

wjk45
On our wavelength

Quite sad that I have had to give notice for cancellation after almost 25 years a customer. I was out of contract a few months ago but my loyalty discounts run out next month, I have been on WhatsApp chat this morning happy to sign up on similar terms to my last contract. After a painful one hour chat where I had to keep repeating myself I was offered a deal if it included what I have now which is more or less everything for £93 I was offered a 'deal' which would take my monthy bill over £150 like for like. Needless to say I didn't sign up and proceeded to give notice for cancellation on 27th August.

First time in over 20+ years I've not been able to negotiate a deal, so the search is on for a new provider. I've generally been very happy during my time with VM, but a rise of over 60% is a poor way to treat a long standing customer.

22 REPLIES 22

wjk45
On our wavelength

I have the option of many broadband suppliers with speeds up to 900mbps so maybe get a call soon🤞

cje85
Trouble shooter

If you have the option, why not move. The customer service of whichever ISP you choose will be better than VM (it can't possibly be any worse) and the new AltNets pricing is much cheaper, even out of contract, than VM's scandalous out of contract prices. I'm counting down the days until CityFibre goes live in my area and I can leave VM. 

wjk45
On our wavelength

If it was just broadband I'd be gone but we like VM's TV offering with 2 recordable boxes networked and available to view from separate TV's. Satellite is not an option and EE TV has only one recordable box and is not available to other TV's in the house. My wife prefers to choose recordings and can't on with streaming. I watch a lot of Sport and she doesn't, hence quite often watching and recording on different boxes and TV's

wjk45
On our wavelength

I am pleased to report that I received a call from retentions and after quite a lot of negotiation agreed on a package and price that suited me just fine, so I will be remaining with VM for the next 18 months at least.

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@wjk45 wrote:

I am pleased to report that I received a call from retentions and after quite a lot of negotiation agreed on a package and price that suited me just fine, so I will be remaining with VM for the next 18 months at least.

Hope you factored two price increases into the price that will come yearly. VM still using inflation + 3.9% as formula whilst others have changed to a fixed £ amount ahead of Ofcom ruling. Many ALTNETS now have fixed pricing for duration of contract and some ISP's on Openreach FTTP also fix prices now for contract term.

@wjk45 wrote:

A week has now pass since I invoked my cancellation and already received some totally inadequate packaging to return my hardware after my 27th August end of service. By the end of this week I'm going to have to place an order with EE or Sky so that I don't end up without Broadband and TV. 

Disappointed VM haven't made an approach to try and agree a reasonable contract renewal price but the clock is running down,is it worth me contacting VM again before I place my business elsewhere to attempt a better price or am I wasting my time? If I do contact them what's the best way?

I don't really want go after 25 years, is anyone at VM listening?

i am leaving virgin media after being with them for 13 years

they couldn't price match Vodafone 900mb for £31 a month  

@unisoft wrote:

@wjk45 wrote:

Hope you factored two price increases into the price that will come yearly. VM still using inflation + 3.9% as formula whilst others have changed to a fixed £ amount ahead of Ofcom ruling. Many ALTNETS now have fixed pricing for duration of contract and some ISP's on Openreach FTTP also fix prices now for contract term.

vodafone have changed to £3 a year price increase once a year in april , witch is annoying as that is a close to 10% increase based on the £31 a month i will pay them 

Hey bhaskarsamani, thank you for reaching out and are you needing some help to cancel, sorry?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

@wjk45 wrote:

A week has now pass since I invoked my cancellation and already received some totally inadequate packaging to return my hardware after my 27th August end of service. By the end of this week I'm going to have to place an order with EE or Sky so that I don't end up without Broadband and TV. 

Disappointed VM haven't made an approach to try and agree a reasonable contract renewal price but the clock is running down,is it worth me contacting VM again before I place my business elsewhere to attempt a better price or am I wasting my time? If I do contact them what's the best way?

I don't really want go after 25 years, is anyone at VM listening?

i am leaving virgin media after being with them for 13 years

they couldn't price match Vodafone 900mb for £31 a month  

I've had GIG1 for £33 when I was a VM customer previously......some others on other forums claim lower prices, but it was trying to extract blood from a stone to get that price with retentions at the time.

Hey unisoft, than you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

We don't offer a price match sorry, but if you need us for anything please do let us know and we would be happy to help.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?