cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Dtuck
Joining in

Hi everyone. 

OK so, I switched over to Virgin, with my 'kit' being delivered on the 25th (a few days ago). 

Talk talk rang me with a much better offer. The virgin equipment is sat on the side as I had to book an engineer to install a Virgin box on the wall to connect the equipment too. 

I rang virgin to cancel, citing the contract, they keep telling me I can cancel but it'll be 30 day cancellation notice as my services have been installed. 

I tried to talk to a manager and was told 'no because they'll tell you the same thing' is this true? Surely if the equipment isn't installed (they can see an engineer is booked) then they haven't started services and I can still cancel within the 14 day on the contract? 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dtuck 

Thanks for posting, welcome to both Virgin Media and the community.

Sorry you wish to cancel, you shouldn't need to give thirty days notice if you're cancelling in the cooling off period.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Dtuck
Joining in

OK so Virgin rang me back and apologised. They confirmed I wasn't 'installed' yet and said they will honour the 14 day cancellation period. So good news!