cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel in writing

Taliadion66
Joining in

So, I have reached the end of my contract and wrote to VM at the Reading address to cancel, however, I am still being charged! I can’t ever contact anyone in the App and when I try other methods of contact, certain screens will flag up saying that VM is sorry but experiencing problems so I therefore sent a letter in explaining why I had to cancel due to the cost almost trebling but nothing has cancelled?? Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

gilbo2
Dialled in

Did you write to: Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA and by recorded delivery?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Taliadion66 

The Reading address isn't specified for cancellation purposes,  just the Sunderland address as per section N of the /Terms_and_Conditions 

The pop up on the https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving  page when clicking on the "I want to cancel" icon shows the correct cancelltti address

It also advises you can cancel by phone, " 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Write to us

You can send your leaving request by post to: 
Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA
By online chat

If you prefer so, you can chat to us online about cancelling your contract.

From there you can click on the "Chat to us online" icon, a pop up chat messenger window opens, from which you can place your cancellation request.

Screenshot below:-

cancel.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

If you wrote to the registered company address at https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02591237, although not ideal as it is probably not properly set up to service flesh and blood customers like the Sunderland address is, it should be enough to secure a cancellation in my view. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Taliadion66

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel and leave us. As has been mentioned in earlier comments by the community, it would need to be send to the listed cancellation address on our website, preferably with some form of tracked/recorded delivery in case it becomes lost or delayed in transit, the latter of which can certainly happen around a bank holiday period.

However, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to take some further details so we can see what's going on for you and advise from there. Please respond to this when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!