cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

So what happens with your original equipment? 

Do you return everything and get new ones? 

Also what happens to your landline number if you disconnect and another provider doesn't take it up straight away? 

Engineer doing the install has ways taken the old equipment with him.

A property can’t enter into a contract, so they can’t enforce terms on a property to be vacant of service for however long. 

As long as one account is disconnected and the new account is in place, the new customer offer is still honoured - in our case, we also got the Quidco cash back of £160 which was nice, too. 

Unfortunately, the old landline number will go, and you’ll be given a new one. 

Same again in 12 months. 

OK so this is really strange. My disconnection date is coming up next month so if I go on the website and order the contract and select no not a customer. 

If I choose my installation date the same day as my old contract cancellation date would that work? 

This will be in the same name tho because changing it to my partners name or mother's name will be a hassle everytime I need to call then about something 

I’d always do the installation date as the day after the disconnection date.

If it’s staying in the same name, then it won’t work. Needs to be in a different name for the new customer offers.

Hi..

Oh so you're saying that my the above to work then it needs to be in a different name.? 

OK another thing, when you order it says who is your prev landline number. So I can click on other. 

On the day of installation once my virgin is technically disconnected. Can I just do self install if everything is already in place the way I want it? 

Also will be landline number be restored without any problems? 

Also for arguments sake. If I choose my mother or Mrs to take up the contract is there anyway you can assign someone else to speak on their behalf? 

Hi 

So if I wanted to keep everything in my name. 

Would I be able to move to another company like plusnet or bt.? 

After two months or so can I leave and open a new virgin media contract as a new customer? 

Hi @happytre3frendz thanks for getting back to us.

We hope you get the best outcome for you and your family. Please do reach out in the future if you need any assistance.  Our fantastic community members and indeed our forum staff, are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

@BFULLER1 wrote:

Engineer doing the install has ways taken the old equipment with him.

A property can’t enter into a contract, so they can’t enforce terms on a property to be vacant of service for however long. 

As long as one account is disconnected and the new account is in place, the new customer offer is still honoured - in our case, we also got the Quidco cash back of £160 which was nice, too. 

Unfortunately, the old landline number will go, and you’ll be given a new one. 

Same again in 12 months. 

Hey BFULLER1, glad to see you’re back on the forum. I’ve read this thread from top to bottom thought you might’ve given up on virgin all together. 

QQ, when you did your Quidco deal, can you also do the virgin referral bonus on top of that? Or is it pick one or the other?

So just to confirm. 

Signing up in a different person's name will mean the original landline number will be lost? 

Hi happytre3frendz

That would be correct, as we will then archive the number for a while 

Gareth_L