cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access my old account on My Virgin Media site

gbgb1212
Joining in

I moved homes about a month ago. During that process, I had to close my previous Virgin Media account and sign up for a new account. Now, when I try to sign onto my Virgin Media account with my email it takes me to the old (closed) account and I can not view any information for my new account.

I am also currently abroad and can not call customer service and the chat bot is of no help.

Is there a human in the Virgin Media IT dept that can help me? I need to pay my bills on my current account.

HELP!

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gbgb1212,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account. 

Have you registered your online account with your new account details? If not, you will continue to see the old account until you register your new account.

If you want to use the same email address for your new account we would need to take your details via private message, so that we can pass security and ask our support team to look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, I'd like to use my same email address with my new account.

What information do I have to send please?

Hi gbgb1212 👋 thank you for getting back to us to confirm! 
I will send you a PM now to offer further support with the My VM registration email, as we will need to complete a transfer of the login details to your new account. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Victor6
Joining in

I closed my old Virgin Media account and have a new one. They promised to transfer my direct deibit details to my new account, but did not. NOw I owe two months fee. I cannot get into my new account and all links take me to my old account so I cannot pay.

I tried calling and no one seems to be able to help me.

Can someonbe help here?

thanks

Hi Victor6,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. 

When you called did they advise about making a payment over the phone?

^Martin

Yes, but it doesn't solve the problem. Next time the bill needs paying the same thing will happen. I was told they would use my previous direct debit settings. MY new bill keeps taking me to my old account.

Did the team not take the details again and update the new account? Also has a new online account been registered for the account?

^Martin

No they didn't. I couldn't get the guy (or subsequent team memebrs because I have tried for 2 hours last Sunday) I was speaking to to understand my situation. I have tried to register my account but it says it recognises my email and takes me to my old account. Honestly, I've been round and round in circles and i'm so frustrated I cant speak to anyone who can help me.

All I need is access to my new account and to set up a direct debit payment

thanks

Hello Victor6.

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to take a look into this for you and get access to your new account.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L