cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box cover

Salmon911
Joining in

Hi, i have noticed the cover to my brown external box is missing, exposing all the wires. Not sure how long its been like this but everything is still working fine. Is it possible to have a cover sent out to replace it? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

Hi there @AJ64, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that your cover has come off the box. I will certainly be happy to help arrange an engineer to come and fix this for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

MTMaureen
On our wavelength

Hello, I have this problem also.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MTMaureen, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear your external equipment is also missing its cover, we will be able to help. 

I will just need to confirm a few details via a private message so will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Husfetti
Joining in

Hi 

We are having this same problem too, the box lid has randomly disappeared leaving the wires exposed! 

could you please help? 

Hi there @Husfetti 

We are so sorry to hear that you have also faced this issue I'd be more than happy to look into this with you via a Private Message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Chandan113
Joining in

Hello, my brown box cover has deteriorated and broken over the years and it needs replacing as the wires are exposed to the elements.

Can a new cover be sent out please. 

Sabrina 

Hi @Chandan113 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your Omnibox is damaged. 

I'll be more than happy to get an engineer booked for you so this can be replaced. 

Will pop you a PM 📩 now to get this arranged. 

Speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MikeP94
Joining in

Good afternoon, Virgin Media. 

As like everyone else, I too have a missing Omnibox. 
Can you arrange an engineering visit to neaten up the external wires of my property?

TIA

Hi MikeP94

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange the engineer visit.

please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi MikeP94

Thanks for getting back to me privately.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there.

Do please let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide