cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to confirm notice of cancellation

Tavis75
Super solver

My minimum contract period ends on the 18th of April, so I phoned in today to give my 30 days notice of cancellation, obviously the customer service rep asked if they could offer me a deal but I said I wasn't interested so actually got through that process suprisingly quickly. They then said they would put a note on my account that I had given my 30 days notice, which doesn't sound entirely like they'd cancelled it.

Is there any way to confirm that the account will actually be closed in 30 days, other than waiting a couple of months and seeing if I'm still getting billed? Don't have any sort of e-mail confirmation and can't see anything on my online account.

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tavis75 
Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us and of your concern that your disconnection was not booked. 
Did the call end with the agent confirming the date your disconnection would be and advise you of any equipment return information or keeping a landline active for any porting requests?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Tavis75
Super solver

@Carley_S

No, I did not get a confirmation of a disconnection date and nothing was said about returning the equipment. It all seemed a bit vague, hence my concerns.

As I have two V6s, a Hub 5 and a pair of Wi-Fi pods I'm assuming at least some of those are likely to have to be returned.

Ahh yes, they would need to be returned for sure. 
Okay, sorry about that. Let's take a look at our side to see what's happened on the account and I'll go over anything that was missed off that you'll need to know. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley