cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute shambles of a contract renewal and billing.

NLC281
Joining in

I am going to start an official complaint tomorrow about the absolute disaster that has happened in relation to my contract renewal. A timeline

December - arranged a new contract online, received pre-contract docs which I confirmed and had an order reference with an 'activation date' of 27 December for £40 a month. Legally binding some might say?  I am sure VM would have a comment on it if i did not pay the £40 one month.

January - Received another set of pre-contract documents which referenced my old, now defunct contract.

January - £70 taken from my account, I'm still on the old contract according to the web page with the next bill being £129? How? Contacted Customer Support.

January - After much discussion Customer Support sent through another contract for £40 a month which I signed. Nothing they can do about January, sorry. Hell, i'll take it, we all know about the 8.8% rise coming.

January - Advised all had been sorted, including complimentary upgrade to 360. Advised now paying £40 per month.

February - Charged £40, received 360 remote. All sorted, just in time phew.

March - Of course it wasn't. Charged £90.28. Contract is a new contract, next bill is £118.75, including £5 fee for 360 upgrade - and just as an extra fu advised if I attempt to cancel before July 2025 I will incur penalties.

So complaint starts tomorrow. Absolute bloody shambles by Virgin.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NLC281, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're still having issues with your billing. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

NLC281
Joining in

Apparently I cant edit my original post, which is a bit of a shame as this issue has been quickly and efficiently resolved by Kath_F, and I would have liked to have that mentioned up front in case anyone has the same issue. Still, well done VM, more customer support like this please.

Hi NLC281, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. I'm glad I was able to get everything resolved for you. 

If you have any further queries or questions, feel free to pop back to us in the Community. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs