cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

So what happened in your instance? what did they change - very interested?!

Hello - you seem to be the last person from VM to respond on this subject. What are your thoughts of what is happening. Is something being changed in the control boxes, per customer or per HUB? You seem to think there is a solution without a hardware change? Please let us all know....?

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I'm interested to know what "essential works" was carried out for you not to get this ghost calls since no change in hardware or firmware or change of telephone system.

The mod team told us all to reboot we have all I can see is the upgraded the upload from 50 to 100 that everyone is getting on 1 gig service.

So far we've had 3 ghost calls

2:27 am,  3:17am and 7:27am

mikewot
On our wavelength

Interestingly the number of 'ghost' calls I receive has reduced markedly in the past few days, not even had one today, last was yesterday evening!  Previously around 20 per day.

So far I am getting the same here. Hoe to soon have none at all as it should be.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Mine so far are

2:27 am,  3:17am 7:27am and 12:27

so rather than 1 hour 10 mins after the next one was 4 hours 10 mins, then 5 hours apart, phone was in use around 8pm which may have blocked incoming one

Yesterday after rebooted hub 5

9:47am, 17:07pm, 18:07pm, 19:47pm 

Hi George,

Details on the Data Plate are  ...

Manufacturer: Sagemcom 

Hub 5/F3896LG - VMB 

Part: 253914782 

Serial No: YAXS20179085 

Hardware version: 1.1 

Software version: LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7 

Running in Router Mode 

Hi Mervyn, 

Serial number on my hub 5 is different to yours otherwise the rest of the details is the same.  

So Mervyn - what happened in your instance? what did they change - very interested?!

lenworth
On our wavelength

Mine is also exactly the same (except for serial number).