cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Why was I told it was a hardware issue by an engineer who swapped my hub5 for a 4? Can I get the hub5 back.

ps no unknown calls since moving to hub 4, but slower connection. 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Right before I rebooted the hub 5 they was 7 ghost calls, I have cleared the call log, and switched off and unplugged the hub 5 for 3 minutes and powering it back up let's see if someone has altered.

I rebooted my hub 5 at 6pm last night. I had one previous missed no number call showing at 3.45, having already cleared the earlier no number calls. Since rebooting, I have received the following no number calls. 7.02pm, 11.13pm, 01.43am, 04.13am and 06.43 am. 

I will reboot again. I had switched off the hub using the switch at the back, so will now unplug the hub completely and see if that makes a difference. I have a BT 6600 twin handsets. 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hub 5 was switched off for 3 minutes and unplugged and switched on before doing so I also cleared the call log on my BT premium phone.

Whatever fix they was hasn't worked as already at 9:47am had a ghost call so in afraid they'll have to go back and Investigate again, only difference I see was the free 110 upload speed after rebooting the hub 5.

So it's not fixed

Same here I rebooted between 23:30 and midnight last night and received ghost calls at 02:34, 05:04, 07:34, and 10:04 this morning.  After reboot, hardware version 1.2 and software version LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7.

In the logs that I haven't seen before is this

RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW

And also

Dynamic Range Window violation

And

Honoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4

Chris_Myers
Superfast

Logs following reboot - note the warnings.

24-05-2023 01:12:26noticeREGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status
24-05-2023 01:12:21noticeUS profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 12; Previous Profile: 13; New Profile: 11 13.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:12:21warningDynamic Range Window violation
24-05-2023 01:12:21warningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:12:21warningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:12:21warningDynamic Range Window violation
24-05-2023 01:12:15noticeDS profile assignment change. DS Chan ID: 32; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 1 2 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:12:03warningDHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:12:01noticeHonoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
24-05-2023 01:11:53criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
24-05-2023 01:11:41criticalCable Modem Reboot via RG reboot command

Chris_Myers
Superfast

Anyone know what version of hardware and software is expected after the reboot?

Back within 24hrs, reboot did not work  still getting ghost calls, 23.53, 2.23, 3.13, 9.03. 

I've posted a subject on Flashing red light on hub 5. Have no landline and no Internet connection since 9.30 this morning. VM, this is really annoying.  This message put on via my mobile phone as have connection via my network provider.  

I disconnected my hub at 10.48 by unplugging it. Left it for a good 15 minutes. When plugged back in, it went straight to the steady white light (should it go through the series of lights to reboot properly?). My phone showed a 'Line cord error' message. I had no dialling tone, but had beeps, presumably as a warning. I have unplugged my phone from the hub and back again. I now have a dialling tone and have tested that my house phone rings and I can hear the call.