cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

PRidgway
On our wavelength

Hi VM,

Any update on the questions asked in post 552, repeated below for ease..

Please could you provide some clarity on the following:

1) where you state this issue is device specific and not global, I can understand that not every phone make/model is affected. Are you also saying that a phone that fails on one hub5 may be okay on another hub5?

2) If specific phone make/models fail consistently, is there any common specification i.e., do all analogue phones have issue, and all digital phones do not?

3) Do any affected phone make/model have issue on anything other than the hub5?

Can you also provide the make/model of a phone that works without issue with the hub5?

Thank you

I don't know if anyone is still interested but, my calls are all now with  the time of a 2 on the end and,also, it keeps putting the time on the phone one hour ahead! Wonder what it'll do when the clocks change this weekend!!?? 

I am finding that the last digit of the time can increase/decrease by 1 minute most days (eg  2.45pm to 2,46pm ) 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Ours is

13:24pm

10:05am

8:25am

6:45am

4:15 am

1:45 am

Wednesday

20:44pm

18:14pm

15:44pm

13:14pm

9:54 am

6:34 am

4:04 am

2:24 am

1:34 am

63:44 on Wednesday and no this isn't a typo actually says 63:44

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

IMG_20230323_133236 (1).jpg

Photo proof of ghost call saying 63:44

Hello TAZMANUK.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are aware of the above issue with our Hub5 and VOIP.

It is being implemented as a fix in the new firmware which is on its way soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Gareth_L

FIRST SIGHTIN - New Firmware coming soon - Woo Hoo 🎉

I noted it, but it does not mention Ghost calls in the message, apparently the time change has been noted by VM some time ago and they have had tine to rectify it,

Hello Chris_Myers.

We have no definite date yet, But it is something we are currently working on.

Updates are tricky and can take a while to be tested and made ready.

Gareth_L

PRidgway
On our wavelength

@Gareth_L I am sure members of this group would be happy to beta test any updates if it would help move things along.