cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chris_Myers 👋

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you have not heard back regarding this I can look into this for you to see where this is up to and get you some answers.

I will pop you over a PM, so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,
Zoie

We need a public response not a PM as there are many customers suffering the same problem. Given this issue has been known about since at least June 2022 it’s a total disgrace that this has not been resolved. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mervynburrows, I can appreciate your frustration on this and can only apologise, I will need to PM @Chris_Myers to look into this for them, and I need some details which are personal, as soon as I have an update I will pop back publicly, are you also having this issue?
Zoie

Have had an issue since transferring to fibre  several months ago reported here many times. Had three engineers visits all to no avail. About time this was resolved as it’s a hub problem 

There are many of us suffering from this problem. We need action now and for communication to be made in a timely fashion. You only need to look at the length of this thread to see the extent of the issue.

moof
Fibre optic

22  ' No Number '  Missed Calls this weekend...

I have reported this to CEO (Lutz.Schueler), Ombudsman, BBC (Morning Live, Rip-off Britain, Watchdog etc), asked for senior manager review, all to automated response of " we can't respond to individuals" and "we may or may not pick this up" or direct "nil" response.  Even wrote to Richard Branson last week.  The reality is - no-one give a damn - we are only sheep to be Shawn. - and you can bet your bottom dollar they won't be slow at imposing the price rise at the end of the month!

Unfortunately the PM is a corporate policy - they have to confirm we are a genuine client before "exposing" the company.

Will keep the community informed when/if I hear any more.

Still no notification of Ghost calls issue to wider community - another indication of a caring service provider

2023-03-15 VM Status.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that, as with other widespread and ongoing issues, it should have a pinned "Known Issue" post by the forum team (as I hit post number five hundred of the thread).