cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to cancel contact

adam72
Tuning in

After having over a year of trouble when gaming with virgin enough is enough I want to cancel my contract

Gaming is our main use of Internet and we have been suffering with huge ping spikes energy single day, I was on hub 3 and virgin told me if i upgraded to 1gb and hub 4 or my gaming issues would be resolved, like a idiot I fell for it, it's been the same if not worse since hub 4, we then got hub 5 and again still the same issues, I've had engineer after engineer visit and it's never been fixed,according to my bqm graph that was posted my problems are all due to to many virgin customers in the main street box, I've had a re pull and all cables into the house replaced and its still so bad, I've got 6 months left on this contract but I feel like I'm paying for a service that's just not usable for our needs, I've asked to end my contract and I would like to leave ASAP, virgin are insisting on sending out another engineer but even the last one who came just a week ago said there nothing else he can do, virgin have said that if this is the case then the engineer can put in a notation and I can leave the contract early, I'm really hoping this is true because I really don't want to pay for a service that's unusable any more, would this be grounds to leave my contract early, I have put in an official complaint but as of yet heard nothing, as that can take 28 days but I've had over a year of this and even my kids have had enough because of the constant high ping issues where they go over 500mbps then drop then shoot back up all day and night, even at 2am it does it

4 REPLIES 4

adam72
Tuning in

Just an update if someone from virgin could at least reply,I got in contact with virgin the day before the engineer arrived yet again, and I was told by virgin that if the engineer couldn't fix this problem today he could put a notician in on that day saying it wouldn't be fixed and virgin would waver my existing contract and allow me to leave,I kept proof of the actual message and showed it the engineer, the engineer confirmed our problem is due to over uterlisation in the box in our street and its going to be a very long road to fix it, I'm looking at months to get this fixed and I don't see why I should be paying virgin for such a shoddy unsusable service, so I showed the engineer the message that virgin said that you could put a notician in for my service to be cancelled, he then said that this was a total lie from the virgin call centre and has no powers at all to tell them to cancel, so now I'm left paying virgin for a complete rubbish service, this cannot be a legal from virgin taking my money for something that doesn't work as it should,yes I signed a contract but I signed that contract for a working service not this pile of rubbish and I want out ,immediately 

You would seem to be covered by R11 of the Ts and Cs here https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_and_Phone_FROM_01_MAY_20...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @adam72 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with your service. There can be many factors that can contribute to issues with WiFi and speeds, both inside and outside of the home. We would like to take a deeper look into this by bringing you into a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

See this is the kind of thing that makes your customer service so awful, I never even mentioned the WiFi or the speeds, my trouble was high ping and latency issues, there is no need to send me a private message, after 28 years I'm done with virgin, my contract is cancelled and I've now gone with another provider, how I wish I had done it a hell of a long time ago, your prices are ridiculous, your customer care is the worst I've ever known and the wait time for an engineer is ridiculous, goodbye and good riddance