cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message says: yourmail or password was incorrect.Please try again. Nothing works on any addresses

Chalky2492
Joining in

Last year I changed from Virgin to Vodafone, but was advised that the current email addresses would still work. This was fine until last Friday when I got a message, "Your email or password was incorrect.Please try again or go back to change your email" Now I cannot receive or send any on any addresses I have been using. Nor can I access any items .

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Chalky2492 

VM should close all email accounts 90 days after a customer leaves (sometimes they miss a few or leave them open a little longer).

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Any emails you want to keep from your Virgin Media email address, as this will close 90 days after your disconnection date. Just make sure you forward anything important to a new email address.

Also from VM's /Terms_and_Conditions 

D. Virgin Broadband

6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person. If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Chalky2492, and welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the E-Mail account.

I would have to concur with @newapollo and advise that the E-Mail account would now have been orphaned, which therefore means that this has now been deleted and we wouldn't have any jurisdiction on getting the address or the contents of the inbox back for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn