cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails not received into ntl account

bsaBUH
Tuning in

I have a long standing ntl email address which recently has stopped receiving emails into it. I appeared to have been locked out of it but VM helpdesk have helped gain access again .However although I can get into the account it is still not receiving any emails sent into it, Can anyone explain and help with whats going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The blocklist/blacklist in VM webmail is a specific filter rule that allows you to block incoming email addresses.  It doesn't actually stop you receiving the emails it just moves them to the spam folder.  It is nothing to do with Windows.

The email address you see in the blocklist would have been added by you at some point.  You can delete it if you choose.  It wont be the cause of the non receipt issue you are experiencing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bsaBUH

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Firstly we'd ask you to confirm the device you're experiencing the issues with? Is this across both webmail and client? We have up to date settings here to ensure these are correct.

Let us know if these help.

Rob

the email problem occurs on laptop. phone and tablet. I have another VM email with ntl address and that workks fine across all devices so I am assuming the settings are correct. It would appear I can send emails from the address but receive nothing into it. It could be the address has been hacked and a block put on it by VM?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bsaBUH  It would be worth checking the email account concerned in VM webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/

Click on the settings cog and select email then check the filter rules for any unexplained filters that may have been set to divert incoming emails away from the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham ,having looked as you suggest I find Blacklist in the filter rules but there is no way of removing or editing it .Also under blocklist is contact@sysprem.com. Should this be deleted or is it part of windows?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The blocklist/blacklist in VM webmail is a specific filter rule that allows you to block incoming email addresses.  It doesn't actually stop you receiving the emails it just moves them to the spam folder.  It is nothing to do with Windows.

The email address you see in the blocklist would have been added by you at some point.  You can delete it if you choose.  It wont be the cause of the non receipt issue you are experiencing.

bsaBUH
Tuning in

Hi Graham thanks for your reply I would have hoped that messages would have been diverted to spam but that is also empty. I guess I shall have to try VM technical help desk again.

Thanks for coming back to us bsaBUH. Have you setup a 3rd party mail app password via your online account? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have set up a 3rd party email and checked through the email settings and the problem seems now to have been resolved. Thanks

Hi bsaBUH,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are glad to hear setting up a 3rd party email and looking into our Email Settings has resolved things, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.