cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your virgin email account is currently unavailable

Matilda001
Dialled in

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Call centre closed so cannot check with them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matilda001 As part of the process that you have followed you will have changed the username for your virgin media account to your Gmail address. This does not change your actual VM email address, just the way that you access it 

To sign into the relevant My Virgin Media account and VM webmail you need to use the Gmail email as the username together with the new VM account password that you set.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matilda001  The unavailable message usually contains detailed information about the steps you need to take to unlock the account.  

Provided that the email address concerned is linked to your current VM broadband account then changing the My VM account password for the address concerned and generated an app password for use via email clients is all you need to do.  As part of the process you are likely to be asked to change the username for the email account to a third party email address in order to allow a security check to be completed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I attempted to do that but have somehow changed my virgin email address to a gmail account.  Now I can't get in at all to change the password.  I will need to call Virgin tomorrow as I have important emails that I can now no longer access.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matilda001 As part of the process that you have followed you will have changed the username for your virgin media account to your Gmail address. This does not change your actual VM email address, just the way that you access it 

To sign into the relevant My Virgin Media account and VM webmail you need to use the Gmail email as the username together with the new VM account password that you set.

Matilda001
Dialled in

I have made a real mess of this.  It is now saying that my virgin email address no longer exists.  Just hoping this will be an easy fix for the tech team.  I don't know what I have done but really need my ntl account back as it has my sisters funera detailsl on Thursday and all the details are in my virgin account.  I have changed all my banks to the gmail address.  Gmail never seems to go down, might make that my primary account rather than virgin............I hope it can be fixed as I have loads of important docs with my Virgin email.  I will call them tomorrow and update with how I get on. I will need to contact the funeral director and ask them to resend me the funeral details to my gmail account. I should have just waited until the call centre opened today and phoned rather  than trying to fix it.  Just hope it is recoverable,

Matilda001
Dialled in

I  called Virgin today, they will 'raise a ticket' and get this looked into.  My Virgin email is still saying 'your account is unavailable.  In the meantime I have changed all my banking etc to one of my other email accounts.  I should have just left it and called them today but I am not thinking straight with my sister recently passing and awaiting the funeral.  Thanks so much for the response.  I shall wait and hopefully Virgin can get this sorted for me.

Matilda001
Dialled in

This issue has now been resolved.  I called and spoke to a rep at the call centre who walked me through some changes and now I have my email account back....What a relief...Thanks to the rep at Virgin who helped me resolve this matter.

Hi @Matilda001 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues accessing your mailbox. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are however glad that one of our phone agents was able to help resolve this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ann5
Tuning in

Hello Yes I have exactly the same problem . unable to contact Virgin