cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - spam

Andy-Robinson
Tuning in

Hi

Has anyone ever found an answer as to why Virgin Webmail puts non offending emails into the spam folder?

They will often put emails the wife sends me from another Virgin email address in the spam folder, then yesterday I was on the telephone with Virgin Media sorting out the new email verification process and some of the emails that Virgin sent went into the spam folder as well.

I regularly right click on the none spam emails and highlight them as "Not Spam" but when they come again, yes they are still going into the spam folder!

I also click the "Not Spam" icon at the top of the page, but this also does not stop the same emails from going into the spam folder?

9 REPLIES 9

Andy-Robinson
Tuning in

Hello

Has anyone ever found an answer as to why Virgin Webmail puts non offending emails into the spam folder?

They will often put emails the wife sends me from another Virgin email address in the spam folder, then yesterday I was on the telephone with Virgin Media sorting out the new email verification process and some of the emails that Virgin sent went into the spam folder as well.

I regularly right click on the none spam emails and highlight them as "Not Spam" but when they come again, yes they are still going into the spam folder!

I also click the "Not Spam" icon at the top of the page, but this also does not stop the same emails from going into the spam folder?

Andy-Robinson
Tuning in

Hello

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Andy-Robinson
Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wife's emails going into SPAM, are these the only emails that are going in there that should not be? Have you tired resetting the SPAM settings?
Thanks,
Zoie

Please read my whole post, I mentioned that even emails from Virgin Media will often go into the Spam mailbox.

Just been on my webmail now, and yes again quite a few emails in the spam folder that I highlight as "Not Spam" every time I see them in the spam folder.

And you mention resetting spam settings?

Only options I see are =

Reject All SPAM messages
Move message to Spam folder
Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox
Turn off all SPAM filtering

If emails from any articular senders are being identified incorrectly as spam, simply save the sender as a contact. When you’ve done this, any messages from their email address will be sent to your inbox.

We have some info here that will 👉 help 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

I have looked at adding the senders to the address book as you say but I cannot find an option for this when I am on Virgin Webmail.

Also, emails sent from VM whilst chatting with them on the telephone some go to inbox others go to spam? how does that work then?

Sorry to hear this, you should see them in the settings in the address book can you see this?

So would you would say 50/50 is going to spam and to inbox?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sorry, your comments do not make any sense.

Hi @Andy-Robinson 👋.

Apologies for the confusion, which part would you like more clarity on? Please do let us know so we can assist further.

Sabrina