cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM android outlook email problems

Ray58
Joining in

Using Android outlook and @blueyonder.co.uk is never works App password or old password: conclusion is that VM Does not work with Android. Using Microsoft PC outlook and @blueyonder.co.uk it works on App password and the alias address on the same domain on the old password: conclusion is that VM likes Microsoft which is more proprietary. Conclusion is that VM is against standards, even Android standards in a community. Propriety Google Mail works on the App password with the accout mail and the old password with the alias. as expected. Admittedly i have many options to test VM. Propriety MS office 365 Mail works on the App password with the accout mail and the old password with the alias as expected. Admittedly i have many options to test VM. VM has a problem with Android Outlook.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ray58 wrote:

Using Android outlook and @blueyonder.co.uk is never works App password or old password: conclusion is that VM Does not work with Android.

For what it's worth, I use K9 (the Android version of the Mozilla Thunderbird email client) and the Gmail Android app on my phone. I have generated a VM mail app password and both apps can send and receive my virginmedia.com and ntlworld.com emails fine.

After generating a VM mail app password the combination of username and password in the app settings of VM email accounts should be:

Username: your Virginmedia.com / Blueyonder / Ntlworld / Virgin.net email address (so not the non VM email address that you use when signing in to your webmail account)

Password: your VM app mail password

The IMAP and SMTP server settings are unchanged.

If Outlook still refuses to accept an update then my suggestion would be to delete the account from Outlook's settings and then set it up again in Outlook as a new account. (Just delete it from Outlook - don't delete the account from the VM website,)

I remember having to do that in the past with the Windows version of Outlook after unsuccessfully trying to update the settings of a non VM email account,.

I hope that helps

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ray58, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing your mailbox using your Android device. This should work with your mail account so it sounds as though you're not entering the details correctly. 

Please follow the advice given by Coenoby and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs