cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to webmail via browser

Cjp159
Joining in

When I attempt to access Webmail from either my phone or Laptop I get a 403 forbidden message, even using the links from the home page menu. 

https://mail.virginmedia.com/ajax/login?sessionToken=9ee354b6fcd643eda62143e44f398daf-7e816938aa03437d9097d8a68c7d1389&action=oidcLogin&shard=ziggo7103&client=open-xchange-appsuite

I can access the email using Outlook  (IMAP&SMTP) OK.  

Anyone able to explain what is causing the issue and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cjp159 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your emails via webmail. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. Have you checked the tips and advice, here?  When attempting to login on your various devices, do you have any 3rd party security running?  Also, which browsers are you using?  Have you attempted to delete your browsing history and cache and then re-attempted to login?  And also, are you certain your passwords are synchronised?  And are you referring to a primary or secondary email address?

Regards

Lee_R

namyacs
Tuning in

The issue I think is users have to login into virgin media using their alternate email address, then they should be able to access their blueyonder/ntlworld etc email via the link there.   There seems to be no direct access to webmail where a user logins in via their blueyonder/ntlworld using their email address not their alternative user account email address.    

namyacs
Tuning in

So...Is there a way to access webmail via a browser without using the alternate email address used to log into the VM account ??  I.e. by using the webmail email address ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@namyacs wrote:

So...Is there a way to access webmail via a browser without using the alternate email address used to log into the VM account ??  I.e. by using the webmail email address ?

VM webmail can be accessed directly via the following link: https://mail.virginmedia.com/  At the sign in page enter the third party email address (username) for the VM email address concerned and the account password.  This should open up the relevant webmail page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks